Wednesday, September 28, 2011

thank god for public libraries

One of the first things I did when I got to Hawaii was join the library.  I love my public library card.  I go every week (free books!  what is better than that?!).


Recently finished Holly Black`s WHITE CAT & Poison Eaters, Robert T. Kiyosaki`s Rich Dad Poor Dad (an interesting read from a controversial author but I can tell why it was a bestseller - simplified writing style about a subject many find difficult littered with old cliches said in a new way though I can also see why it was criticized so heavily - some of the facts about taxes are incorrect, obvious embellishment and a condescending tone towards traditional education).

Now reading: Donald Trump`s Never Give Up (a bit surprised at how easy a read it is but all the information presented is not very exciting for me because my dad pretty much personified his attitude towards life and business so not really learning anything new but I can see why it is popular), Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (really enjoying this one so far, love the historical context surrounding it!), Sarah Rees Brennan`s The Demon Lexicon (heard a lot of good things about this book but the beginning so far is wishy-washy and I am not very impressed with the writing but hoping it will get better - sometimes it takes a while to fall in love with the characters...hoping this is the case!). 

Got any recommendations or books you love?  I could always read more!

3 comments:

  1. I spy a George R.R. Martin book! ♥
    I'm currently getting through the Game of Thrones series, or what's been written so far... Right now I'm on book 4. Have you read The Hunger Games yet? I haven't, but a couple of my friends have recommended it to me so I assume it's worth the read haha~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would get along with my sis regarding love of books, haha! Too bad I'm not that much of a good reader, but there's one book I love and have read it like ten times already, it's "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. It is not everyone's taste, but somehow I like it, it's the only book I keep on reading again and again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Think & Grow Rich, it's been on my to do list for awhile now ._.

    I recently read The Seance by John Hardwood and really enjoyed it...victorian horror novel, perfect for October!

    ReplyDelete